Filed under ThunderSync

ThunderSync 2.3

ThunderSync 2.3

I found some time to update ThunderSync. The new version 2.3 is a release of the latest beta. It features a Spanish translation (provided by Laura Arjona; thanks for the work!) and fixes a bug when dealing with UTF-8 inside a quoted-printable/base64 encoding.

ThunderSync now at GitHub.com

First let me wish you a happy new year (although 3.5 % of it have already passed). At the end of December 2013 I have become a proud father of a healthy son. As this little wonder is requiring some attendance development work will slow down a bit. But if you want to look into … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2b: new file bug

ThunderSync 2.2b: new file bug

Today I discovered a bug in ThunderSync 2.2 beta concerning the synchronisation with external files. As of version 2.2b ThunderSync allows to select non-existing files. In the file selection dialog the user is able to name a new file to sync to, but ThunderSync does not handle new files properly. I’ll have to fix it. … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2: Public Beta

ThunderSync 2.2: Public Beta

Tonight I’ve uploaded a snapshot of ThunderSync 2.2 to addons.mozilla.org. It is meant as a public beta because there might be some quirks and issues due to porting my code to the new algorithms. So please report any issues/features/bugs!

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #3

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #3

Today ThunderSync’s synchronisation algorithm got a complete overhaul, reducing sync overhead. In part, this is the result of me implementing a new context menu for Thunderbird’s address book! Recently I noticed that a synchronisation of individual contacts was requested on ThunderSync’s add-on homepage. So I implemented such a functionality by extending the addressbook dialog’s context … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #2

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #2

Well, it seems I found at least one factor having a severe impact on efficiency. First, I changed the algorithm which generates vCard strings. Now it iterates onyl over set properties instead of querying all possible properties. But while doing this I noticed that my internal modification tracking database contained multiple versions of the same … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2

ThunderSync 2.2

Yes, this evening I found some time to dive into ThunderSync’s code. I could fix the “semi-colon bug” and learned that some messenger properties were added to Thunderbird’s addressbook. But it seems that the addressbook algorithms (the API) itself are still unchanged and “state-of-Thunderbird-3”. At the moment I’m trying to understand Thunderbird’s concept of mailing … Continue reading