Posted in June 2013

ThunderSync 2.2: Public Beta

ThunderSync 2.2: Public Beta

Tonight I’ve uploaded a snapshot of ThunderSync 2.2 to addons.mozilla.org. It is meant as a public beta because there might be some quirks and issues due to porting my code to the new algorithms. So please report any issues/features/bugs! Advertisements

FotoPreProcessor Revision 15

FotoPreProcessor Revision 15

I’ve uploaded a new revision of FotoPreProcessor. Now it is possible to navigate back and forth while in preview mode. And a flaw regarding CR2 files (Canon’s RAW file format) was fixed: when importing these raw image files using Qt’s routines the images are rotated automatically. Thus FotoPreProcessor must not apply the orientation information obtained … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #3

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #3

Today ThunderSync’s synchronisation algorithm got a complete overhaul, reducing sync overhead. In part, this is the result of me implementing a new context menu for Thunderbird’s address book! Recently I noticed that a synchronisation of individual contacts was requested on ThunderSync’s add-on homepage. So I implemented such a functionality by extending the addressbook dialog’s context … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #2

ThunderSync 2.2: Update #2

Well, it seems I found at least one factor having a severe impact on efficiency. First, I changed the algorithm which generates vCard strings. Now it iterates onyl over set properties instead of querying all possible properties. But while doing this I noticed that my internal modification tracking database contained multiple versions of the same … Continue reading

FotoPreProcessor Revision 14

FotoPreProcessor Revision 14

Revision 14 introduces a new preview mode. Only embedded thumbnail images as well as small images are loaded directly. Icon images can only be enlarged up to 160×120 pixels. But, after double-clicking a thumbnail, the entire selected image is loaded and displayed in place of the thumb list. Another click into the preview image lets … Continue reading

ThunderSync 2.2

ThunderSync 2.2

Yes, this evening I found some time to dive into ThunderSync’s code. I could fix the “semi-colon bug” and learned that some messenger properties were added to Thunderbird’s addressbook. But it seems that the addressbook algorithms (the API) itself are still unchanged and “state-of-Thunderbird-3”. At the moment I’m trying to understand Thunderbird’s concept of mailing … Continue reading